Elle | Landaluce

Sale price€17,00

NAME: DOCa Rioja Alavesa

TYPE: white

GRAPES: White Garnacha

ORIGIN: Spain, Rioja

EVOLUTION: 2 years




FORMAT: 75 cl



FRESHNESS: ◼︎◼︎◼︎ ◼︎◻︎
BODY: ◼︎◼︎◼︎ ◼︎ ◻︎
FLAVOUR: ◼︎◼︎◼︎◻︎ ◻︎
SOFTNESS: ◼︎◼︎◼ ◻︎◻︎


👁 a beautiful straw yellow;

👃🏻 the nose expresses a intense and exuberant bouquet, with white fruit and dried fruit, including highlighted notes of hazelnut, tropical fruits and citrus fruits with light menthol on a toasted background;

👄 on the palate it is full-bodied, fresh and mineral, with fruity returns. The slightly bitter finish is very pleasant.


A limited edition white, with great character, suitable for accompanying shellfish, grilled fish or stewed fish. It also goes elegantly with rice, soft and blue cheeses and all types of mushrooms. For a completely unconventional combination, try it with fresh fruit.


Produced with white Garnacha grapes, coming from vineyards located in Laguardia
and manual harvesting in small boxes early in the morning and immediately taken to the cellars, to preserve its aromatic potential.
Fermentation at low temperature (16–18° C) for 2 weeks in stainless steel vats, and then racked with the whole lees into French oak barrels. Batonnage every day for two months .


the personality.



Spain is one of the most promising countries in Europe, the third in the world in terms of quantity. Spain has an ancient tradition in oenology and increasingly focuses on quality production.

Viticulture is documented in Spain as early as the second century BC, went through a long period of crisis in the Middle Ages and was attested again in the 13th century. The success of Jerez wines dates back to the sixteenth century, much loved by the English, always looking for wines that could withstand long sea transports. At the end of the 19th century, phylloxera and powdery mildew devastated viticulture in Spain like that of almost all European countries, causing the extinction of numerous native vine species in the region. This disastrous circumstance then began the rebirth of Spanish oenology, which renewed its cultivation and cellar processing methods, keeping pace with the times: Spanish wines therefore entered international markets. The first denomination of Spanish origin was Rioja, in 1926, followed by Jerez in 1933 and Malaga in 1937.

La Rioja is certainly the most important wine-growing area in Spain, known above all for its full-bodied and complex red wines. La Rioja is located in the north of the country, about a hundred kilometers below the Atlantic coast, and extends along the Ebro river. This territory consists of a plateau located at approximately 450 meters above sea level, and is divided into three sub-areas: Rioja Alavesa, Rioja Alta and Rioja Baja. The most important vines in Rioja are Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano for the black berry. The most important white grape varieties are Viura (Macabeo), Malvasia and Garnacha Blanca.

The most famous red wines of Rioja are produced with Tempranillo grapes and are aged in wood for long periods, which gives the wines great intensity of complex aromas. Even white wines are often subjected to long maturation in wood, a traditional practice that is gradually giving way to more modern styles, for fresher and fruitier wines.

The Rioja Alavesa subarea is a part of the Rioja Qualified Designation of Origin located in the south of Alava. It is bordered to the north by the Cantabrian mountain range which protects it from cold and humid winds. It extends for 13,150 hectares of vineyards in small plots, mostly arranged on south-facing slopes (“cara soles”).

95% of the vines are placed in limestone and clay soils, and the remaining 5% are alluvial soils in the cracks near the Ebro River for high quality viticulture.


We are in Rioja Alavesa, in northern Spain.

The secret of this bodega lies in the raw materials: 25 hectares cultivated with great care. Old sapling vines are pruned to have three irregular arms that rise up to a meter from the ground: if one arm breaks or falls due to age, it is replaced by a new shoot from the base. This allows the Landaluce grapes to always be airy and healthy.

Furthermore, old vineyards, with the depth of their roots and the volume of soil covered, reduce the impact of drought or excessive rain and bring greater complexity to the grapes in the cellar.

They mainly grow the native Tempranillo (characterized by limited yields, high quality wines, intense aromas) and Graciano adds "gracia" to the blends in which it is present.

They work each plot in a specific way, vinifying the grapes separately. The winemaking can be in steel or wood, based on the characteristics of the grapes and the objective to be achieved, with care in the winemaking that places the cellar among the highest standards in the region.

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review
Fresco, minerale, esuberante

Buon carattere